The 2021/2022 GSK scholarship for Future health leaders in the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates.
Three scholarships will offered to aid the training and development of next leaders in global health so as to strengthen the capacity of health systems and research related to health activities in Africa.
These scholarships are available to applicants intending to study a one year full-time London based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
In other to be eligible for the scholarship applicants must be
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants whose application shows their potential to make impactful contributions to public health or health related research in Africa.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.
How to apply for GSK scholarship:
All applicants must meet up with all stated requirements before deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2021-22 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via LSHTM’s admissions portal by the scholarship deadline. (Where possible, we would encourage applicants to submit a complete application for study as far in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible, to allow for timely processing.)
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
Note: The deadline for submission of applications is 28th February 2021. You can also send your questions or queries about application process to this email: email@example.com