Study in the Netherlands: Utrecht University Scholarship of Excellence for 2021/2022
The Utrecht University of Netherlands has begun accepting applications from International students eligible for it’s 2021/2022 Excellence scholarship.
The scholarships will be awarded to international students who have been accepted for Masters degree programme in the university. It was stated also that the scholarship awarded will be only for the duration of the degree programme which may last for one or two years as the case may be.
The scholarship will be renewed for the second year if only the student result shows a remarkable amount of progress towards the degree. The scholarship is funded through the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund which was created by the university and unending contributions by the Utrecht University Alumni.
Utrecht Scholarship Eligibility
The following requirements must be met to ensure eligibility of interested candidate
- Applicant must have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2021.
- Must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class: An official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Must have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Utrecht Scholarship Benefits
- Tuition fees or
- Tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
Utrecht Scholarship Selection Criteria
Candidates will be selected based on the following reasons
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply for the Utrecht University Scholarship
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before December 1.
Interested candidates should apply before 31st January 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will become closed.
Note: application for scholarship will only be processed if it’s for a Master’s degree programme. Interested students should ensure to apply as early as December 1st due to unprecedented changes.
Click here to apply