The Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and PostGraduates
The Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu has urged interested and also qualified Nigerians to get a hold of the 2021/2022 Federal Government Scholarship programme under the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).
Bilateral Education Agreement
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia while,
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All candidates applying for an undergraduate degree course must have obtained a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) in subjects relevant to the course they intend applying for including English Language and Mathematics.
Kindly note: Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the certificate should be one year (2020) only. The age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
All Postgraduate degree applicants must posses a First Degree with 1st Class honours or at least 2nd Class Upper Division as the case may be. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria and applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Applicants must present their N.Y.S.C discharge, exemption certificates or evidence of readiness to be released by an employer for those working.
Available fields of study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologis
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted.
All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
The following certificates are to be uploaded by applicants:
- Undergraduate: WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter
- Postgraduate: 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
Note : candidates nominated by the board should endeavor to submit the following to the Federal Scholarship Board.
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
For more info, call this number 08077884417 or send an e-mail to
N.B: the above application does not attract any processing fee and also no deadline was stated so interested candidates should try to apply as early as possible as the portal may get closed anytime.