Ambassador Schools Ota in Ogun state has started accepting applications from primary school pupils for The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador (TUMA) competition.
The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador (TUMA) competition targets primary five and six pupils in private and public schools within the states which form our areas of coverage: Lagos State and Ogun State. What inspired our decision to begin from the grassroots – the foundational level of our education system – is the need to eliminate the phobia for Mathematics with a view to preparing the pupils for future problem-solving tasks as they advance to higher educational levels. Our objective is to sensitise, encourage and stimulate learners’ interest in Mathematics.
The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador Competition Stages
The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador, (TUMA) Annual National Mathematics Competition is divided into 3 stages respectively.
The first stage will consist of all applicants sitting down for the examination in which the first 50 will be chosen to sit for the 2nd stage of the examination and then finally the top 10 candidates will sit for the final exam which is in the 3rd stage as scheduled below:
The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador Competition Examination Schedule
1. Stage I One: Comprises of Multiple Choice and Theory.
Date: Thursday 21st January, 2021.
Time: 11 am prompt
2. Stage II Two: Multiple Choice and Theory (For top 50 pupils from Stage I)
Date and Time: To be Communicated later.
3. Stage II Three: Written and Oral Quiz (For top 10 pupils from Stage 2).
VENUE: The Ambassador Schools, Ota (JUNIOR & SENIOR COLLEGE)
Note: SYLLABUS: PRIMARY I- 6 CURRICULUM
- The competition is open to only primary 5 & 6 pupils [Only three pupils can participate from each school].
- Only Schools in Lagos and Ogun State are eligible to apply.
The TUMA prizes to be awarded consist of both the pupils and the the teachers.
- 1st Position – 500,000 + Plaque
- 2nd Position – 300,000 + Plaque
- 3rd Position – 200,000 + Plaque
- 1st Position – 150,000 + Plaque
- 2nd Position – 100,000 + Plaque
- 3rd Position – 75,000 + Plaque
- 1st Position – A Laptop + Printer + Textbooks + Plaque
- 2nd Position – A Laptop + Textbooks + Plaque
- 3rd Position – A Printer + Textbooks + Plaque
Note: Consolation Prizes will also be available for top-performing school winners and stage 2 qualifiers
How to Apply for TUMA
Registration Forms can be obtained @The Ambassadors Schools, Ota.
You can also download or fill the forms online via www.theambassadorsschools.com
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
Submission of Entries Begins in October, 2020 – and ends on Thursday, 14th January, 2021.
(Entries received after this date will not be processed)
JUNIOR COLLEGE: 16-20, Adeyanju Street, Fellowship Bus-Stop, Off Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State
SENIOR COLLEGE: I -9, The Ambassadors Street, Opposite Ota Market, Behind Total Filling Station, Off Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State