The dread Machine seeks submission for their annual anthology. They want stories that evoke fear and dread on the theme “1986”. Prize is $800.
They want a scary recount of the year 1986 or our version of it. Do you remember a time before the internet? Before security cameras documented everything?
For our very first anthology, we’re seeking dread-inspiring stories that take place in 1986 — either the 1986 of our reality (Stranger Things) or an alternate version (Tales From the Loop). Bring us back to a simpler, scarier time. Let’s make something radical together.
Eligibility for Dread Machine Anthology Submission
- Writers from anywhere in the world
- Stories should inspire fear and horror
- No age restrictions
- No entry fee
Submission Guidelines for Dread Machine Anthology
- All entries must be original and unpublished
- Word count of 3,000 – 10,000 words
- You have to register to make your submission
No simultaneous submission, i.e, story must not be submitted elsewhere
- Multiple entries are accepted
- Register to submit your entry
February 25, 2021
Prizes for the Dread Machine Anthology Submission
- $240 – $800
- A free copy of the premium hardcover
- Two copies of the paperback