The World Bank 2021 Internship Programme For Young Professionals
The World Bank’s Internship Programme offers individuals who are highly motivated to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank.
The internship does provide these individuals with new perspective, innovative ideas and also research capabilities while improving their skills in a diverse environment. The programme also provides them the edge amongst their peers with an enhanced CV and practical work experience.
The World Bank internship with a reward of $3000 needs candidates to operate in the following fields:
economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
Must have acquired an undergraduate degree.
Enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time).
No age limit.
Must be fluent in speaking English language.
Must have a knowledge of any these languages: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
Other skills such as computing skills are of great advantage.
Diversity is valued in our work space. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply with the aim of attracting and recruiting the best talent in the world.
Programme Duration and Reward
The World Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations. Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the World Bank country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The internship is offered twice yearly as follows:
- Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
- Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
- Note: All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (We do not accept applications by email.)J1 visa holders need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the World Bank.
Application Form: ensure to create a very suitable application and make sure your personal details are entered carefully.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Statement of Interest
Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- You must complete your application in a single session and you will only be able to submit it if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Please complete the application within 90 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â, etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
- Please upload the following documents (mandatory) before submitting your application: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Statement of Interest, Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
Note: files should not exceed 5mb and should be in either of the following formats: doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Please ensure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching doesn’t contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â, etc. PDF files are the best files to upload.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Upon submission of your application you will receive an email confirmation providing you with your application number.
All applications are stored in a database which is consulted by hiring Managers based on business needs. Please note that candidates will not hear from us unless they are shortlisted by a hiring Manager that is looking to hire an intern. Managers have access to the Internship database from February – July (Summer Internship) and from November – January (Winter Internship). We do not have a pre-identified number of positions for interns per season. For each season, hiring is solely based on business needs. Deadline is January 31, 2020.
For more information click the link below: