The Africa Young Innovators for Health 2021 With Prizes worth $75,000 USD
Award deadline: 31st March, 2021.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health Award has begun accepting applications for it’s 2021 Award competition. The award which is created to highlight and to support the pioneering work of young entrepreneurs developing health Innovations.
According to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award, “we want to encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities. Therefore, we are looking for innovative healthcare solutions aimed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions like training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare”.
- Interested candidates should be Nationals from Africa and must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Successful applicants will need to show how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact for healthcare workers.
Candidates applications will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Innovation: Submissions are expected to showcase an innovative character meaning that it must break new ground and meet a challenge need in its city, region or country.
- Applicant must show the innovation be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighbouring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: It must show measurable and sustainable impact on health. It will be important to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial Viability: The innovation must be commercially viable, so they have to see if it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make profit.
- Financial Support worth $75,000 USD.
1st prize: $40,000 USD
2nd prize: $20,000 USD
3rd prize $15,000 USD
- A three – month business Mentorship program from leading entrepreneurs.
- Technical support with intellectual property protection, if relevant.
- Gaining exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
Remember to check your email or your spam folder for confirmation after submitting your application form and if you do not receive any confirmation email, contact: email@example.com