Deadline: 31st March, 2021
Mastercard Foundation at RUFORUM fully funded Scholarship 2021/2022 session is ongoing. The Mastercard foundation delivers it’s charity and development agenda guided by the aspiration of advancing education and financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries. It accordingly seeks for a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. The Mastercard Foundation believes that no matter an individuals starting point in life, that person should have an equal chance to succeed and, given access to education, financial services, and skills training.
The Mastercard foundation in collaboration with the Regional Universities Forum (RUFORUM) for capacity building in Agriculture which is a network of 129 universities from 38 African countries to Transform African Agricultural Universities (TAGDev) to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development.
The purpose of TAGDev is to transform African Agricultural universitiies and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
The partnership between the Mastercard Foundation and RUFORUM will be providing scholarships for 110 undergraduates and 110 Masters students over the period of eight years. The scholarship will target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and individuals coming from conflict or post conflict communities in Africa. The scholarships are tenable for Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda. The 2021/2022 Mastercard Foundation and RUFORUM session only 30 slots are available for Masters of which 50% will be for Kenya and Uganda Nationals. 50% of the scholarship will be awarded to female applicants.
Students enrolled under the scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership and development, life skill support, entrepreneurship training, and mentorship and also exposure to community engagements.
- Applicants must be Nationals of Kenya or Uganda in order to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota.
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the African region respective quota.
- Applicants must come from a economically disadvantaged, marginalized community, conflict or post conflict areas.
- Applicants must be less than 30 years.
- Applicants should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the university of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- Applicant must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with a second class honours upper division.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship and commitment to leadership.
- Have commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Have strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
Available Study Programs
The programs available for the 2021/2022 session include:
- Masters of science in Food Security and community Nutrition
- Masters of science in Agri – enterprises Development
- Masters of Science in Agribusiness Management.
- Masters of science in Animal Nutrition.
- Masters of science in Food Science
How To Apply
Interested candidates can download the application form from the links below:
Applicants should endeavour to study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and appropriate documentation before submitting their applications. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
N.B Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to program coordinators in the University of choice. Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 5 MB and two file attachment (university admission form and scholarship application form).