Deadline: 27th February, 2021
The IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Project For Unemployed Nigerians (2021) is now ongoing. The IITA (International Institute for Tropical Agriculture ) through it’s youth in Agribusiness office is collaborating with the IFAD (International Fund for Agricultural Development) and the Songhai centre in Nigeria to implement the Integrated Agribusiness Hub Project.
The IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Project For Unemployed Nigerians (2021) aims to create sustainable employment and income-generating opportunities for young people in agriculture and related activities in Nigeria by directly reaching 3410 young men and women within five years (30% for entrepreneurial track and 70% for employment track).
The IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Expectations
Each hub is expected to provide the following services;
- Capacity-building, training, and mentoring
- Technology testing, demonstration, and certification facilities
- Technology transfer;
- International networking and collaboration;
- Policy advocacy and market intelligence; and
- Links to investors and other financing sources.
The IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Value Chains
- Crop Production: Field crops, grain legume, root crops, horticulture.
- Animal Production: Small animals, Cattle, diary, swine, aquaculture.
- Farm Service: Seed technologies, plant propagation, composting, farm machinery, irrigation
- Food Processing
- Light Industry
The IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Outcomes
- Design a Pioneering Agribusiness Hub: We shall increase wage opportunities of youths through the hubs.
- Strengthen Rural Economics: Our focus is to transform rural communities into vibrant agricultural based economy.
- Consolidated Training Resources: We shall identify useful facilities and upgrade for agric skills training and knowledge transfer.
- Agribusiness Training and Skills Development: We shall strengthen skills of youths (with a focus on 50% women) in Nigeria as skilled wage earners and entrepreneurs through technical support, curricular activities and iCT applications.
- Agribusiness Hub Model Adoption: Agribusiness hub model adoption and outscaling by stakeholders through policy changes.
Interested Candidates should visit the official website of the IITA/IFAD Agrihub Training Project For Unemployed Nigerians (2021) to apply.
Note: Interested candidates should endeavour to apply before deadline: 27th, February 2021.