Deadline: 21st March, 2021
The K and L Prize which was founded and sponsored by the New Zealand based Nigerian writer, Myles Ojabo, awards $1000 (New Zealand Dollars) to the best piece of unpublished fiction. The Myles Ojabo K and L prize 2021 is the third edition and is currently calling for applications from African writer around the world.
The K And L Prize 2021 Theme
Madness (The term could mean insanity or aberrant behaviour, depending on how the writer interprets it.)
Eligibility Criteria for the K And L Prize 2021
- Only African writers are eligible to submit
- Writers must be between 18 and 25 years of age
- No entry fee
- Stories should be centred on the them
other Literary Contest that might interest you
Submission Procedures for the K And L Prize 2021
- Entries must not have been previously published.
- Email subject should have the name of the short stories, age of the applicant, and ‘2021 K and L prize’.
- Submissions must be in English and should reflect the theme, ‘Madness’.
- Only one entry per writer is allowed.
- Stories must not be more than 2000 words.
- The submission should be in Microsoft Word.
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The K And L Prize 2021 Benefits
- $1000 (New Zealand)
- Publication for longlisted stories
- Free e-copy of Anthology for all longlisted writers
The K And L Prize 2021 Benefits Terms and Conditions
- Only the winner is entitled to have the cash prize of $1000 (New Zealand dollars). In the case where there are joint winners, the prize money will be shared.
- Writers that eventually make the longlist are required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
- Stories of writers on the longlist would be publicized and published in the K and L Anthology: Full Moon.
- Every writer on the longlist will get a free e-copy of the anthology.
- Writers that eventually make the shortlist would be offered an interview session.
- Writers that make the shortlist would be asked to submit their photos and other information necessary for publicizing the prize.
- All finances raised from sales of the anthology would go towards funding and developing the K and L Prize.
- The decisions of the judges’ on entries are final and not subject to any appeal.