the EndSARS Praxis Magazine Writing Contest: call for submission
Deadline: 31st March, 2021
The Praxis Magazine is calling for entries for it’s EndSARS writing contest from poets and writers worldwide . The EndSARS protest which suggests an ongoing Nigerian Revolution is a “time for action rather than words“. But as the days go by, the documentation of this crucial moment in Nigerian history becomes all the more necessary, to combat present denial and forestall future revisionism.
This documentation is achieved not only by on-the-spot social media updates—which have been incredibly useful—but also by book-length works such as anthologies, which are means of sustained, deliberate, critical engagement with the subject of protest in general and the #EndSARS protests in particular.
Praxis Magazine, therefore, invites all creatives partaking in this fight to end the evil of SARS and police brutality in Nigeria to submit non-fiction (including essays on protest photographs), fiction, poetry, and visual art on the momentous protests, debating the direction of these protests and what it means to be living in Nigeria now.
other Literary Contest that might interest you
- The K And L Prize 2021
- Toyin Falola Prize 2021
- The Restless Books Prize 2021
- The Nigerian Student Poetry Prize (NSPP) 2021
Submission Guidelines for the EndSARS Praxis Magazine Writing Contest
- Prose submissions (fiction and non-fiction) can range from 1000 to 2500 words; double-spaced, Times New Roman or Arial font type 12.
- Poetry should not exceed 30 lines. Format doc. according to the guideline of prose above.
- Submit your work as an MS Doc attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email as “#EndSARS Submission”.
- Send visual art (photographs, illustrations and graphics) as an attachment. Size: maximum of 2MB
NOTE: They understand the precarious situation that has arisen from the #EndSARS protests. They do not urge writers submitting essays to put their lives on the line because of this call for submission. Pseudonymous submissions are therefore encouraged.
The magazine’s words are TY Bello’s in her song The Future, “Carry the song, carry the sound.” The future indeed has come. They have added below, a video highlighting the ongoing protest.
Entries for the EndSARS Praxis Magazine Writing Contest are to submitted as MS Doc attachment to email@example.com with the title of the email as “#EndSARS Submission”.