The 2021/2022 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana for young africans
The MCFSP at KNUST key details:
- Host country: Ghana
- Opened to: Africans
- Deadline: 31st May, 2021
The 2021/2022 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) At Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology (KNUST) Ghana for young Africans application window is open.
The MCFSP at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2021/2022 MCFSP at KNUST
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
Benefits of the 2021/2022 MCFSP at KNUST
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
other related scholarships:
- 2021/2022 Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program In The American University Of Beirut
- MasterCard Foundation At RUFORUM Fully Funded Scholarship 2021/2022
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At Edinburgh University 2021/2022: Online Masters Study
The 2021/2022 MCFSP at KNUST Application Procedure
Download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form by clicking the button below:
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, MAY 31, 2021!!
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the MCFSP at KNUST Secretariat.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Please Note Well:
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor, are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
- All Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
NOTE: Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s (website)
For more information visit the official website of the 2021/2022 MCFSP at KNUST