The 2021 SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme: study in the u.k fully funded
SPDC Scholarship key details:
- Host Country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians (Bayelsa, Delta, Imo & Rivers)
- For: Graduates
- Deadline: 15th March, 2021
The Shell petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is currently accepting applications from the indigenes of Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, and Imo state for it’s 2021 Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme to study in the Imperial College London, University of Aberdeen or University of Leeds.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship program is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this program, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship. For the academic year commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London, University of Leeds, and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
Eligibility for SPDC Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement.
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process.
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
- must have completed the National Youth Service by September 2021.
- be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study.
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2021.
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021.
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships.
SPDC Scholarship Courses
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial College London
University of Abeerdeen
University of Leeds
Benefits of SPDC Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
other Scholarship opportunities
- Global Impact Scholarship 2021: For Students World Wide
- University Of Glasgow Excellence Scholarship Award For Africans 2021
- OIST Scholarship For Graduate Students 2021
- George Brown College Scholarship
SPDC Application Procedure
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than March 15, 2021.
For more information visit the official website of SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme