2021 Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Innovation Award for African Entrepreneurs: Prize worth €50,000
E-Mobility Innovation Award Key details:
- Host country: Germany
- Open to: Africans
- For: Entrepreneurs
- Deadline: 30th April, 2021
Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Innovation Award is calling for applications from African entrepreneurs and visionary start-ups for its 2021 award. The E-Mobility Innovation 2021 is a jump-start for African entrepreneurs with innovative e-mobility solutions and circular economy approaches.
Siemens Stiftung is launching its first open, competitive E-Mobility Innovation Call “Electric Mobility Made in Africa for Africa,” which emphasizes innovative technical solutions.
The pre-seed funding is intended to jump-start visionary African entrepreneurs, start-ups, and social ventures that are developing innovative e-mobility solutions in manufacturing, exploring innovative business models and creating mobility services (such as apps or delivery services).
E-Mobility Innovation Award Focus Areas
- The E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 emphasizes four areas of Siemens Stiftung’s Electric Mobility and Circular Economy Program:
- Charging batteries, and the circular economy
- Business development
- Services (apps, customer engagement, delivery services)
E-Mobility Innovation Award Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Registered and operating as a legal entity in Africa at the time of submission
- Business focus on application and implementation of e-mobility in the African mobility sec- tor
- High representation of female employees on the company’s staff
- Provide financial & accounting information
- Making a contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Actively support the empowerment of women
- Product and/or service from one of the focus areas from the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Program
E-Mobility Innovation Award Benefits
The winners of the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Innovation Award for African Entrepreneurs will receive a financial prize and the opportunity to pitch their business and products to a wider audience in our webinar series:
- 1st prize: €50,000 EUR
- 2nd prize: €30,000 EUR
- 3rd prize: €20,000 EUR
- 4th prize: €10,000 EUR
- 5th prize: €10,000 EUR
other Award Programmes that might interest you:
- The EducationUSA Opportunity Fund Program (OFP) 2021
- Apple’s Entrepreneur Camp for Women Founders and Developers 2021
- The United Nations (UN) Global Climate Action Award 2021
- The SINGA for PhD Studies 2021
- Mohmmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award 2021
E-Mobility Innovation Award Application Procedures
These consist of three stages:
1st Stage: In the first round you are asked to provide answers to a detailed questionnaire pertaining to the profile, impact, and your future plans of the business. Applications can be submitted from 1 March to 30 April 2021.
2nd Stage: Applicants that reach the second round will be asked to answer some more in-depth questions per- taining to financial and legal due diligence and to upload documents such as registration certificates, finance reports (if available), and articles of association. Successful applicants for the short list will be contacted in May 2021.
3rd Stage: If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to a 30-minute virtual interview in May or June 2021. An external jury of experts will select the final winners, who will be announced in July 2021.
Interested can click the button below to apply
For information visit the official website of the E-Mobility Innovation Award