The 2021 commonwealth distance learning scholarship for commonwealth developing countries
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship key details:
- Host country: England
- Open to: Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 26th April, 2021
Application window for the 2021 Commonwealth Distant Learning Scholarship is currently open for developing countries who are part of the Commonwealth. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
These scholarships are funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Countries Eligible for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New, Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the program without this scholarship
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Selection Process
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by June 4, 2021. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2021.
Selection criteria includes:
- Academic merit of the candidate.
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country.
other scholarship opportunities:
- The 2021/2022 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Boustany Havard University MBA Scholarship 2021
- Coimbra Group Scholarship 2021
- LSE Scholarship for International Students 2021
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Application Procedure
You must apply to study an eligible master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. See the full list of participating universities and eligible courses.
You must also apply and secure admission to your university course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 17:00 (BST) on April 26, 2021 at the latest. Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 17:00 (BST) on May 10, 2021 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2021-2022 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system.
Candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2021