The Nigerian economic Summit Group (NESG) Bridge Fellowship Program 2021
NESG Bridge Fellowship Key details:
- Host country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 7th April, 2021
The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) is inviting applications from Nigerians for its 2021 Bridge Fellowship program, The NESG Bridge Fellowship program was launched in 2019 in collaboration with Leap Africa to equip a new cadre of young visionary leaders with leadership, research and policy advocacy skills, to champion policy reform in diverse policy areas.
Also read: The NUTM Scholars program for Nigerians 2021
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is designed to inspire and equip a new generation of young visionary Nigerian leaders, with the requisite skills to carry out policy-oriented research and advocacy for national transformation.
The selected participants will go through a rigorous and engaging capacity development process where they will contribute to knowledge and policy advocacy on a National level. The selected Bridge Fellows will also be matched to the NESG Policy Commissions to have hands-on experience in the area of Policy Advocacy, Research and Leadership.
Objectives NESG Bridge Fellowship
1. To increase the number of young leaders with the competencies to actively participate and influence policy development and good governance
2. To have the fellows implement social impact projects
3. To have a pool of competent young leaders to deploy as fellows to the Ministry when requested for
4. To have them support the NESG Policy Commission, roundtables, PPDs as technical anchors.
Also read: Robert S. McNamara Fellowship 2021
These professionals were drawn from the academia, private, and public development sectors and cut across the six (6) geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
NESG Bridge Fellowship Requirements
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is open to young Nigerians that meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 22 to 35 on or before the application deadline
- Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the NESG and LEAP Africa
- Are able to undergo rigorous research training for a period of 15 months
- Are committed to attending online training and available for mentoring throughout the Fellowship period
- Are currently employed or self-employed
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English (this will aid participation and help in getting the full benefits of the fellowship)
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC working experience.
NESG Bridge Fellowship Application Procedure
The beneficiaries of the Bridge Fellowship Program were 25 mid-level professionals between the ages 23 to 39 who have demonstrated interest in research, public policy, and community development, social work, business and/or social entrepreneurship.
- These professionals were drawn from the academia, private, and public development sectors and cut across the six (6) geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
- They went through a stringent selection process with 2 levels of the review where the review panelists (consisting of NESG PC Leaders and a TSC member) assessed the applications, CVs and Essays written.
- The top 40 out of 317 applicants were interviewed by a panel chaired by Mr. Niyi Yusuf (CEO, Verraki Ltd) to select the final 25 fellows.
- The fellows have been enrolled into an eighteen (18) month fellowship, during which they will develop leadership, research and policy advocacy competencies; participate in policy research and advocacy, as well as implement social impact projects.
- Furthermore, they will be provided networking and mentorship opportunities and will be engaged in a Policy Commission, Community of Practice, Roundtables, Summit and various NESG Committees during and after the program.
- Fellows will conduct their policy research and advocacy activities in line with the Nigerian Economic Summit Group’s (NESG) 13 Policy Commissions and Round table.
- At the end of the Fellowship Year, these 25 Bridge Fellows would form the first set of Alumni of the Bridge Fellowship and enter fully into the project to act as support and Mentors for the incoming set.
Interested candidates can click the button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website of NESG Bridge Fellowship 2021.