UCL Scholarship key details:
- Host country: England
- Open to: Africans
- Targets: Graduates
- Deadline: 3rd May, 2021
The University College of London (UCL) is inviting applications from African students for its 2021 scholarship award session. The Scholarship is Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, was created to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at the University College of London (UCL) without financial assistance.
The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health on MSc in Global Health and Development program
UCL Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible candidate must ensure the following:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an offer letter to study a fulltime postgraduate program at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
- Please also see the application procedure below for additional information.
UCL Scholarship Duration and Benefits
The UCL Scholarship for Africans will cover:
- £25,800 – Tuition fee for overseas students in 2021-2022 AY
- £10,000 – Estimated value of an accommodation bursary in the International students house (ISH).
- £9,200 – Subsistence stipend for the year disbursed in regular intervals
- Travel expenses* (You will need to calculate and pay for the cost of your travel to and from the UK as well as the cost for the student visa, and initial expenses (warm clothes for winter, student supplies etc.)
- MSc Project costs* (You will need to calculate and pay for the costs of your project if you choose to conduct an MSc project overseas.
- Candidates are not required to write a dissertation that requires travelling).
other scholarship opportunities:
- Commonwealth Distant Learning Scholarship 2021
- Coimbra Group Scholarship 2021
- Global Impact Scholarship 2021: For Students World Wide
- University Of Glasgow Excellence Scholarship Award For Africans 2021
- OIST Scholarship For Graduate Students 2021
UCL Scholarship Application Procedure
Eligible candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application form with the following documentation:
- Copy of your offer letter for the MSc Global Health and Development programme
- your academic transcripts/certificates, references and CV from your MSc application.
- completed scholarship application form including personal statement.
- evidence of your current employment and income e.g. letter from employer confirming employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling.
If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted. Candidates must submit their scholarship application to: email@example.com by 3rd May 2021.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below to download the application form:
For more information visit the official website of UCL Scholarship for Africans 2021
NOTE: Obtaining a UK Visa, often involves a long process and you will need to give yourself at least three months before the start of the course to obtain a visa. In the event that a successful scholarship candidate is unable to obtain a UK visa on time before the start of the degree program, the scholarship will not be reserved for them for the following academic year. They will have to reapply.