WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative Key details:
- Host country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians
- Targets: Undergraduates and Graduates
- Deadline: 25th April, 2021
Applications for the WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative on the Prevention Of Campus Sexual Violence Program 2021 is currently ongoing.
The Prevention of Campus Sexual Violence Initiative is a project implemented by the Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF) sponsored by the Spotlight Initiative. The project will be based in tertiary institutions within Lagos state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to address and tackle student-related concerns with sexual and gender-based violence on their respective campuses.
This project aims to raise awareness of sexual and gender-based violence in tertiary institutions and reduce its prevalence by promoting the adoption of policies and strategies to prevent these acts of violence on campuses in select tertiary institutions in Lagos, or assisting in the strengthening of policies that already exist. Digital and physically safe spaces will also be advocated for and implemented in institutions where possible.
The project will teach students about gender-based violence in the context of national laws and policies, as well as school policies. This will enable the recipients to continue to support the Nigerian government and people in their efforts to eliminate sexual harassment in tertiary education institutions across the country.
WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative Benefits
Applicants who complete the virtual education classroom program would receive a certificate of completion, and stand the chance to be invited to the symposium on ending gender violence-related issues.
WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative Eligibility
- Be an enrolled approved student of any Nigerian tertiary institution
- Have a valid student ID card
- Be 16 years or older as at May 1st 2021
- Ensure application is completed before the deadline
- Dedicate a mandatory minimum of 1 hour weekly to virtual training sessions for a 4-week period
- Commit to participating in group activities
- Complete all online course content within the stipulated time
- Have a strong interest in issues relating to gender equality, preventing violence and/or community development
WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative Application Procedure
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of WARIF X Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative