National Life Science Competition Key details:
- Host country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians
- Targets: Secondary and University Students
- Deadline: 30th April, 2021
The National Life Science Competition is currently inviting applications from Secondary and University students in Nigeria for its 2021 edition. The Competition is aimed at inspiring all Nigerian secondary school and tertiary institution students to develop interests in life science courses or solving life science-related societal challenges.
The National LIfe Science Competition is organized by the Science Communication Hub Nigeria, a group of Nigerian scientists ranging from graduate students to professors from both within and outside Africa who are united by a love of science.
National Life Science Competition Categories
- Tertiary Institution Category: For students in Colleges, Polytechnics and Universities studying any subject.
- Secondary School Category: Open to all Nigerian secondary school students.
National Life Science Competition Benefits
- 1st position ……… N100,000
- 2nd position ……… N75,000
- 3rd position ………. N50,000
- The Professor Isa Hussaini Marte Young Life Scientist Award — ₦100, 000
- The Professor Omowunmi Agboola Sadik Prize in Innovation — ₦100, 000
- The Professor Abba Zubair Prize in Multidisciplinary Innovation — ₦100, 000
- The Professor Christian Happi Excellence in Genomics Award — ₦50, 000
- People’s Choice Award (Sponsored by University of Sussex West African Office ) — ₦100, 000
- The NABDA/OFAB Nigeria Excellence in Biotechnology Award — ₦50, 000
- Best Student from the Northeast (Sponsored by the Office of Chief of Staff of Borno State Governor) — ₦100, 000
- Yobe SEMA Prize for The Best Student From Conflict-affected Communities of Yobe State — ₦150, 000
- Yobe State Scholarship Board Prize for The Best Tertiary Institution Student from Yobe State — ₦50, 000
- Yobe SEMA Prize for The Best Student Living with Disabilities from Yobe — ₦50, 000
- Alhaji Bukar Maina Prize for The Best Student from Zone C Yobe State — ₦50, 000
- Finalists and winners will receive certificates of commendation.
- Finalists and winners will be paired with experts for long term mentorship.
- Winners will receive training organized by Sprint for Social Good (SfSG) on ‘creativity and innovation’. They will be guided to apply skills learnt to develop their ideas and potential to be the future scientists of Africa and shape socio-economic development.
National Life Science Competition Application Procedure
Interested candidates for the National Life Science Competition 2021 are to register with their Name, Email, School, Present level of study and state of Origin.
- The quiz/test can only be taken once. Duplicate entries will be automatically disqualified.
- The test will last 30 minutes. Make every effort to submit within the deadline.
- To avoid disruption, make sure your Internet connection is of good quality.
For more information visit the official website of National Life Science Competition 2021