- Host: The Sunday Times Magazine, Cannon Europe
- Open to: All Nationals
- Target: Photographers
- Deadline: 9th July, 2021
The Ian Perry Scholarship is now inviting applications from photographers worldwide for its 2021 scholarship award.
During the Romanian revolution in 1989, photojournalist Ian Parry died while on assignment for The Sunday Times. He was only 24 years old at the time. In order to create something positive from Ian’s tragic death, Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family established the Ian Parry Scholarship.
The scholarship is an international photographic competition for young photographers under the age of 24 who are enrolled in a full-time photography course.
Categories of the Ian Perry Scholarship for Photographers
The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories:
- The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and
- The Canon Award for Potential.
Ian Perry Scholarship for Photographers Eligibility Criteria
- Open to photographers of any nationality;
- You will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course.
The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
Benefits of the Ian Perry Scholarship for Photographers
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London (COVID permitting).
- Mentorship Program, they offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Program at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, their media sponsor.
Ian Perry Scholarship for Photographers Application Procedure
To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognized photographic course, your application should contain the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions.
- A project proposal telling how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on the form carefully.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of the 2021 Ian Perry Scholarship for Photographers Worldwide