- Host: RIBA
- Open to: Schools invited by RIBA
- Targets: Architecture Students
- Deadline: 28th May, 2021
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is inviting applications for its 2021 Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship. The RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship is offered to a student of architecture who shows the capacity for exceptional achievement and original thought on topics relating to the sustainable survival of towns and cities.
In 2021, applications will be accepted for both national and international research proposals in response to the global travel restrictions imposed to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. As a result, students can submit a research proposal for a topic in their home country or at (an) international location (s).
Both national and international research proposals should relate to the sustainable survival of our cities and towns and fall under one of the following themes:
- Learning from the past to inform the future
- The future of society
- Density of settlements
- Use of resources
- Quality of urban life
RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible to apply, students must be enrolled in, and have successfully completed at least the first year of a professional qualification in architecture from a school invited by the RIBA.
- Each invited school can submit one application only for the scholarship from one of its current students, and each school chooses its own method of selecting its student.
RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship Benefit
Selected applicant will receive £7,000.
RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship Application Procedure
Once selected by your school, students will need to submit the following:
- One completed application form signed by the student and by the Head of School;
- One A1 ‘poster’ presented as a PDF file detailing the proposal (topic, objective, locations). Applicants are restricted to 500 words on the poster submission, and images should be high-resolution.
Completed applications (including the application form and A1 ‘poster’) must be submitted via a web-based file transfer service (such as WeTransfer) to Gillian.Harrison@riba.org by the deadline of 5pm (GMT) on Friday 28 May 2021.
NOTE: Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
For more information visit the official website of the RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship 2021