The 2021 ICYF Ramadan Contest for Muslim youths worldwide
- Host: ICYF (Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum)
- Open to: All Nationals
- Targets: Muslims
- Deadline: 13th May, 2021
The ICYF Ramadan Contest is currently inviting applications from young Muslims around the world.
About ICYF Ramadan Contest
ICYF (Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum) is an international organization affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).The holy month of Ramadan has arrived once again, and despite the fact that this year’s holy month will be slightly different due to the ongoing pandemic, we hope to fulfill our obligation to the creator of the heavens and the earth, Allah (SWT) by fasting and doing more good in this holy month.
Despite the fact that the pandemic has made it impossible to enjoy most of our traditional Islamic Ramadan customs, such as breaking our fast with our friends and families and performing Taraweeh with our communities at our local masjid, we would like to remind you that these trying times will pass and we will continue to work hand in hand with the Muslim youth.
Also read: Kendeka Prize for African Literature 2021
The 2021 ICYF Ramadan Contest is giving the youth yet another good thing to look forward to as we are providing a platform for the youth to show their local customs and traditions in the blessed month of Ramadan. We are calling upon the youth to express their Ramadan customs and traditions in text, video, and photo formats in an effort to bring us together at a time when we are disconnected in the physical world.
Our motive is to promote our cultures and customs through multimedia during Ramadan within the frameworks of the beautiful religion of Islam. We want you to show us how you spend your time in Ramadan in your community, what you do in preparation for fasting each day and or what you do differently in this holy month within your locality.
ICYF Ramadan Contest Rules and Regulations
- RAMADAN CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL YOUTH, AGED BETWEEN 18-35, OF OIC MEMBER STATES OR CONSIDERED RESIDENT OF MUSLIM MINORITY COUNTRIES.
- PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FREE OF CHARGE.
- SUBMITTED WORKS TO THE CONTEST ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RETRIEVED.
- ICYF SECRETARIAT SHALL MAKE FINAL DECISIONS WITH REGARDS TO ALL CASES, INCLUDING THOSE NOT SET ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT FORMAT, OR INSIGNIFICANCES RESULTING FROM ITS CONTENT AS WELL AS MAKING CHANGES IN SOME OF THEM.
- COMPLETION OF THE PARTICIPATION APPLICATION FORM MEANS THE PARTICIPANTS’ ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE CONTEST REGULATIONS.
- THE PROCESS OF SENDING FILMS TO THE SECRETARIAT IS ONE-STAGED.
- THE WORKS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED, MODIFIED OR RE-SENT AGAIN.
- SHORT FILMS PRODUCED BY MORE THAN ONE DIRECTOR REQUIRE THAT ONE SINGLE INDIVIDUAL REPRESENT THE GROUP.
- WORKS THAT HAVE WON IN ANY OTHER NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED.
- WORKS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH TOGETHER WITH A BRIEF DESCRIPTION/BACKGROUND; INCLUDING THE SITE, CITY, MUNICIPALITY, AND PROVINCE, THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE CAPTURING OF THE PHOTO OR VIDEO.
- THE APPLICANTS FOR CONTEST PARTICIPATION SHOULD FILL OUT A REGISTRATION FORM. THE COMPLETION OF THE FORM MEANS THAT THE PARTICIPANT IS THE OWNER OF THE PICTURE. IF THE CASE WHERE THERE SHOULD BE ANY LEGAL CLAIM AGAINST IT, HE/SHE WILL BEAR FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY. ICYF CARRIES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE RIGHTS REGARDING THE OWNERSHIP OF PICTURES/VIDEOS.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE PHOTO/VIDEO/ESSAY SUBMITTED TO THE CHALLENGE MAY BE USED ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER MEDIA PLATFORMS.
- PARTICIPANTS CAN APPLY IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES AT ONCE BUT THEY WILL NEED TO FILL A NEW APPLICATION FORM FOR EACH CATEGORY.
ICYF Ramadan Contest Requirement
SHORT FILM REQUIREMENTS:
- Duration: Maximum 3 minutes.
- Acceptable Video Formats: MP4, H264 formats.
- Video Resolution: 1920×1080 in horizontal
- Codecs: Do not use special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.
- Audio is optional, but lack of audio should have minimal impact on the comprehension of the video.
- Structure: The video must include at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation and the credits at the end.
- The video should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content.
- Photos must be submitted in high-resolution JPEG and should not exceed 50MB per entry.
- Photos must be original (no edits, no photoshopped entries, no logo added, etc.).
- Ensure that the photo is in compliance with all the legal and copyright requirements. The photo must be an original creation – no copyrighted images may be used.
- The essay must be written in English language only.
- The essay should be between (300-500 words).
- Each applicant may only submit one essay.
- The essays should not have been published earlier, neither electronically nor in print.
- Essays must be the individuals’ own original pieces of work.
- Submissions must also include a brief summary.
- Essays must be typed (1.5 spaced) in 12-point Times New Roman and submitted in word format.
A jury who will select winners will judge the entries submitted by the applicants. The jury’s decisions are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. Submitted entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria.
- Originality and creativity of expression
- Quality of execution
Also read: IvyPanda Writing Contest 2021
ICYF Ramadan Contest Application Procedure
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click on the button below:
- ANY SUBMISSION ENTERED FOLLOWING THE DEADLINE (23:59 (GMT+3), May 13, 2021) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AWARDS.
- Winners will be announced 20th May, 2021
For more information visit the official website of ICYF Ramadan Contest 2021