The 2021 IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Women: Fully Funded
- Hosts: TWAS (The World Academy of Science)
- Open to: IsDB LDMC Nationals
- Targets: Women
- Deadline: 19th July, 2021
Applications for the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 for women is currently ongoing.
About ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship
The fellowships will fund research that relates to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, as well as provide recipients with advanced training in areas related to sustainability science.
The IsDB-TWAS Fellowships are available at centers of excellence in developing countries, which are research institutions with a proven track record in research and demonstrated expertise in a field related to sustainability science. They can be tenable for a three-months minimum and a six-months maximum period.
ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Research Areas
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship must be women only and meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship program;
- Up to 45 years of age at the time of the application;
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD;
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list;
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute;
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided;
- Must be employed at an institution in her home country.
NOTE: Awarded female scholars must;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her fellowship;
- Present a research plan agreed by her host supervisor;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members;
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country.
ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefit
- Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD 2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD 1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Procedure
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: Applications must be submitted online. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
For more information visit the official website of ISDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021