- Host: Standard Bank Africa
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: varies by institution
The application window for the 2021 Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship is currently ongoing.
About the Standard Bank Chairman’s Scholarship
It is becoming increasingly clear that Africa will play a critical role in shaping the twenty-first century. On its own terms, the continent is increasingly interacting with the rest of the world. Standard Bank hopes to champion African leaders who will actively build a future for Africa, led by Africans, through this commitment.
These leaders will be expected to use visionary leadership to exert global influence. Nine students will be carefully chosen to complete their post-graduate studies in the United Kingdom at the prestigious institutions of Cambridge, Oxford, and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Each specializing in their unique areas of expertise. These individuals will represent the best and brightest Africa has to offer, introducing thoughtful challenge amongst their peers as they grow in courage, fair-mindedness and integrity.
Also read: Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2021
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship will be fully-funded and backed by Standard Bank as part of their commitment to enable and empower them to become effective leaders in Africa. Scholars join the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship Alumni Network after completing their studies, which brings together professionals, activists, and thinkers who share a passion for Africa’s well-being.
Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Open to graduate students who are and will ordinarily remain resident in one of the African countries in which Standard Bank is present.
- Prospective candidates must demonstrate an exceptional academic track record and will need to have successfully qualified on their own merit in their application for a one-year Master’s programme at either of the following partner university institutions: Oxford, Cambridge and London School of Economics and Political Science. All candidates are to apply directly the abovementioned universities.
NOTE: preference will be given to students commencing a course of study in one of the following program:
University of Oxford
- MSC programme provided by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities divisions at the University.
London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- MSc Environment and Development
University of Cambridge
- MPhil in Economics
- Mphil in Education
- Mphil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Mphil in Finance
- Mphil in Management
Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship Benefit
The scholarships will provide:
- Tuition and college fee in full.
- Maintenance grant (i.e. living costs incurred in the college such as rental of college accommodation, food taken in college, etc.) commensurate to the national minimum doctoral stipend of the UK Research Councils.
Also read: ANU Research Scholarship 2021
Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship Application Procedure
Please be aware that you will be required to apply for both your desired program and funding. Each institution has its own application deadline and also check with your preferred university for application deadlines.
Candidates wishing to apply should send their applications to university’s of their choice website, as follows:
- For: Oxford applications
- For: London School of Economics and Political Science applications
- For: Cambridge applications
NOTE: If applying for Cambridge, it is important that you list Magdalene College as your first preference in order to be considered for the Scholarship. Students will be required to complete The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship application form which can be obtained through the Graduate Tutor’s assistant via email@example.com
When applying for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship make sure to apply for both desired program and funding because institution has its own application deadline and also check with your preferred university for application deadlines.