- Host: Milken Institute and Motsepe Foundation
- Open to: All nationalities
- Target: Entrepreneurs
- Deadline: 31st December,2021
Applications for Milken-Motsepe Prize In AgriTech 2021 is currently ongoing.
About the Milken-Motsepe Prize In AgriTech
The inaugural Milken-Motsepe Prize focuses on driving progress toward SDGs 1 and 2: no poverty and zero hunger. The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech is a global competition for creative agricultural technologies that increase farmers’ economic value, from seed to sale.
Winning teams will increase net economic value to small and medium-sized farms by:
Also read: The Jack Ma ABH Prize Competition 2021
- Developing innovative technology solutions for any stage of the food system, from seed to sale
- Designing a viable business model
- Increasing farm productivity and/or decreasing post-harvest loss
- Anyone, regardless of age, place, or other factors, is qualified to register.
- Anyone who has a brilliant idea is welcome to join.
- Minors would need to have someone of legal age sign legal papers on their behalf.
The winning team will receive a $1 million grand prize, as well as other rewards totaling $1 million.
Many entrepreneurs lack the knowledge and resources they need to bring their ideas to life. The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech offers a diverse range of rewards for entrepreneurs in addition to the opportunity to win cash prizes.
- Online Community: Simply complete the free prize registration process and you will join an online community of other entrepreneurs. The prize portal will give you access to:
- Team matchmaking
- Resources for entrepreneurs
- Online training and help desk
- Certificate Program: Teams will receive a 12-week experiential learning program powered by the Stanford Center for Professional Development Idea to Market curriculum. Upon completion of the program, teams will receive a Certificate of Completion:
- Stanford Center for Professional Development Certificate of Completion
- Mentoring from industry experts
- Pitch and feedback sessions
- Alumni Network: Winning teams will join the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program alumni network following prize completion, with access to:
- Data Analysis
- Networking opportunities
There are two stages to the Prize competition: an eight-month Design Round and a one-year Finalist Round.
- Design Round: Teams submit their design and business model. An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to receive $10,000 each and advance in the competition.
- Finalist Round: Teams develop their prototypes and conduct field tests on small and medium-sized farms in Africa.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below: