- Host: MCFSP (Mastercard foundation Scholars Program)
- Open to: Africans
- Targets: Graduates
- Deadline: 31st October, 2021
Application are being invited for the 2021 MCFSP At University Of Pretoria. The University of Pretoria (UP), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF), is currently providing postgraduate scholarships to high-achieving African students starting in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) seeks to identify academically gifted but economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the continent’s transformation through their awareness, skills, attitudes, and values, as demonstrated by their leadership. Internships and community service are necessary components of the program.
Also read: QECS Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
The MCFSP at University of Pretoria will include full scholarships to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to pursue a postgraduate degree at the university. Graduates must return to their home countries and give back to their societies after completing their studies.
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Eligible Programs for the MCFSP At University Of Pretoria
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following programmes at the University of Pretoria:
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Honours and Masters degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Prior academic achievement will be included in the selection process for the MCFSP at the University of Pretoria, as well as the applicant’s fit with the program’s ethos, which emphasizes leadership and community growth for Africa in addition to academic performance. Successful candidates must be committed to finishing their degrees in the shortest amount of time possible, returning to their home countries, and contributing back to their communities.
Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply
You’ll need Internet access and an email address that you can check on a regular basis to use the online Application system. As soon as you submit your online application, an email will be sent to this address with a student number (EMPLID) as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
Pretoria 0028South Africa
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp
NOTE: Applications for the MCFSP open on 1 May 2021 and close on 31 October 2021.
For more information visit the official website of MCFSP At University Of Pretoria