Nigerian Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development 2021 Work Experience Program
- Host: Federal Ministry Of Youths And Sports
- Host Country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians
- Targets: Graduates
- Deadline: not specified
About the Work Experience Program
The Work Experience Program is part of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development’s initiative to introduce a series of economy-sustainability projects in Nigeria.
A clinical research and review of various surveys on the employability skills of Nigerian youth was recently conducted, along with a series of one-on-one interactions. In order to come to a conclusion, it was discovered that one of the challenges of unemployment is a severe lack of realistic job knowledge and experience.
To close this gap, the Ministry developed the Work Experience Program (WEP) to ensure that young people gain experience and hone their employability skills, preparing them for jobs and acquiring the necessary skills for self-development and thriving in the twenty-first century workplace. Mentoring, networking, how to get scholarships, knowledge of international competitions, jobs, training, and business startups are among these skills.
The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship that will enable participants to acquire specific firsthand knowledge, learn skills, and workplace competencies that will significantly improve their chances of landing a job.
To be eligible for this training program, candidates must:
- be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- possess a valid government-issued means of identification
- willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
- be a graduate of tertiary institution (BSc/HND)
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
Also read: WTO Professional Program for Youths 2022
Applicants who wish to apply should apply online on the official website of the Work Experience Program.
For more information see FAQs or visit the official website of the Nigerian Federal Ministry Of Youths And Sports Development Work Experience Program