Applications for the Kindle Storyteller Award for Writers 2021 are currently ongoing.
About the Kindle Storyteller Award
The Kindle Storyteller Award is a £20,000 literary award that honors exceptional fiction. It is open to writers who publish in English in any genre and use Kindle Direct Publishing to distribute their work.
Open to individuals who are older than 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. The Competition and these Official Rules are void in Mexico, Brazil, Tasmania, Quebec and where prohibited by law, and are subject to applicable laws.
Entrants may not be citizens or legal permanent residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or the Crimean Peninsula Area.
Entrants should not be members of any guild, association, or other entity that may preclude them from entering this Competition or that has the right to exclude, demand payment, or otherwise oppose such entrant’s participation.
Employees or independent contractors of Sponsor, as well as their immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren) or those living in the same household as employees or independent contractors of Sponsor, any entity involved in any aspect of the Competition (including funding, judging, or administration), and each of their respective parents, are not eligible to participate.
Also read: The African Writers Award 2021
- Competition entry period begins at 00:00:01 (BST) on 1st May 2021 until 23:59:59 (BST) on 31st August 2021 (the “Entry Period”).
- You must publish your book during this period in order to be eligible.
- To enter, during the Entry Period you must go to the Kindle Direct Publishing (“KDP”) [sign-in-page] (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/) (you may select the language for your region in the upper right corner of the page) and follow the instructions to upload and publish to KDP an original, previously unpublished, English-language book authored by you (the “Book” or the “Entry”), and include the exact phrase “StorytellerUK2021” (without quotation marks) in the “keywords” metadata field in order for us to identify your Entry.
- Entry into the Competition also requires that you have an Amazon account and a completed KDP account (to do so, visit the KDP sign-in page at https://kdp.amazon.com and following the instructions; and you have accepted the KDP Terms of Service and the Terms and Conditions for KDP Select Program.
- All Entries must be received by 23:59:59 (BST) on 31st August 2021.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions that each Entrant can submit per account. Entrants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or unintelligible Entries.
- Sponsor’s (or its contractor’s) servers and clock shall be deemed the official clock for all phases of the Competition, and entrant’s proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Sponsor is not responsible for (i) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by an entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of Entries; or (ii) any printing, production, human or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify at any time any Entry containing obscene, offensive, pornographic, or sexually explicit material, or libelous, disparaging, infringing, or other inappropriate content or subject matter (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Readers play a significant role in selecting the winner, helped by a panel of judges including various book industry experts.
The 2021 Kindle Storyteller Award is open for entries between 1st May and 31st August 2021.
For more information visit the official website of Kindle Storyteller Award