The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition 6th Annual edition has commenced.
About the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition
Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition this year aims to provide a forum for Nigerian university students to think critically and creatively about current issues that are crucial to the country’s long-term growth and development.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the focus of this edition of the competition is “The Role of Digital Technology in the Nigerian Higher Education System.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has dismantled global conventions and most notably impacted the activities of higher education institutions. Adapting to a new stay-at-home landscape, global education systems have responded with digitally innovative methods of teaching and learning that will redefine the future of classroom training.
Using relevant examples, critically analyze the role of digital technology in transitioning higher education in Nigeria to a post-pandemic system.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- This competition is only open to students enrolled at (NHEF) Partner Universities. NHEF will verify the enrolment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, Kano, Kwara State University, University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and the University of Port Harcourt.
- Previous NHEF Essay Competition & Scholars Program beneficiaries are not eligible to participate in this competition.
Entrants applying for the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition must follow the following guidelines before submission:
- Entries should reflect the author’s ability to explore and discuss ideas / ethical concepts and demonstrate the conduct of research with a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Only one entry may be submitted per student.
- The essay must include a title page, a bibliography, and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current Student ID.
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header of each page.
- The essay must not exceed 2000 words. It must be double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font, and contain numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding the bibliography and title page.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
- The Grand Prize winner will be awarded ₦100,000, a new laptop, 1 online certificate course*, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The First Runner-up will be awarded ₦75,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The Second Runner-up will be awarded ₦50,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
*The online certificate course may not exceed $100 on Udemy, Coursera, Alison or EDX.
**1-year internet subscription estimated at 24Gb on the winner’s preferred mobile network.
Also read: The Kindle Storyteller Award 2021
- The naming convention is as follows: 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Name of Applicant e.g., 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Adekunle Ciroma Ahmed.
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format.
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 28, 2021.
Students are encouraged to avoid plagiarism, as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity. To see guide on how to avoid plagiarism click here
For more information visit the official website of Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition