Call for Application: the WILPF Women Peace and Security Fellowship Program 2021
- Host: Peace Women
- Open to: All Nationals
- Target: Women
- Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications for the WILPF Women, Peace And Security Fellowship Program 2021 are currently ongoing.
About the WILPF Women, Peace And Security Fellowship
The Women, Peace, and Security Fellowship Program of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) provides fellowships for 4-6 months through their UN office in New York City. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this opportunity is unlikely to materialize in the near future.
The fellow will collaborate closely with WILPF personnel in New York on monitoring, research, and communications support on Women, Peace, and Security problems. The fellow will keep track of Security Council discussions and UN events, do research and develop policy analyses, and assist with program communications (including email and social media).
This competitive fellowship is particularly intended for individuals in their early careers who are interested in women, peace, and security concerns relating to disarmament and women’s human rights. The opportunity to investigate and write on women, peace, and conflict issues, as well as get experience with a non-governmental organization, is provided by this experience.
- Applicant should have a strong interest in working for a feminist, anti-militarist organisation and dedication to intersectional feminist values;
- Knowledge or strong interest in issues related to women, peace and security and conflict prevention, including but not limited to militarism, sexual violence in conflict, women’s participation in political and peace-related decision-making;
- Currently be enrolled in a graduate programme (e.g., MA, MS, JD, LLM, PhD) or recently graduated with studies in fields such as international relations/affairs, international law, political science, public policy and administration, human rights, international development, international security, and gender studies or has comparable related experiences in this area;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of traditional media, event planning, and social media;
- Ability to speak additional languages (especially Arabic, French, or Spanish) is an added bonus, but not required.
NOTE: The fellow should have the ability to commit to 4 full days per week with the WILPF UN office (or remotely dependent on the COVID-19 guidelines). The fellow’s work will be guided by the Program Manager.
The WILPF Women, Peace And Security Fellowship carries a stipend.
In order to be considered for the WILPF Women, Peace And Security Fellowship, applicants should submit the following in ONE SINGLE document:
- One or two-page resume, indicating education, relevant past activities and experience;
- Cover Letter (one page, single-spaced), indicating your preferred start and end date;
- Two References, including names and contact information and/or a letter of recommendation from an academic or field professional;
- Writing Sample (no more than 5 pages), preferably addressing an issue related to women, peace and security, conflict prevention, or human rights, that demonstrates ability to write in short, clear and concrete language (may be an excerpt of longer work).
Please send your application to email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should be: “[Last Name, First Name] WILPF WPS Fellowship Application”
- All documents should be combined into ONE (1) SINGLE document ( PDF or DOCX file).
For more information visit the official website of WILPF Women, Peace And Security Fellowship