Apply now: 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures for Young Women in STEM 2021
- Host: The New York Academy of Science
- Open to: All Nationals
- Target: Women
- Deadline: 31st July, 2021
Applications for the 2021 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures For Young Women In STEM participants take coursework at their own speed on Launchpad and use their talents to collaborate on various projects with their peers. are ongoing.
About the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures For Young Women in STEM
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a ground-breaking initiative that aims to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and encourage them to pursue STEM jobs through mentoring and the development of 21st-century skills.
Young women ages 13 to 17 from all over the world are invited to join 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM professionals, obtain access to college preparedness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls who are passionate about STEM!
On Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform, 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures encourages young women to learn freely and collaborate. Students take coursework at their own speed on Launchpad and use their talents to collaborate on various projects with their peers. Mentors are provided to help students navigate the college admission process and create professional objectives throughout the program.
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures for Young Women In STEM participants are enthusiastic learners with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Applicants should be between 13–17 years old.
- Be from anywhere in the world.
- All program content and communication on the platform is in English, and a strong level of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency will be assessed during the application process.
- Students will complete the coursework at their own pace and set their schedule to meet with the mentors during the program year from September to June.
- No cost is involved. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is completely free for participating students.
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures for Young Women In STEM are:
- Self-identified women who are either pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related field OR currently working in a STEM-related field.
- Able to access at least one communication device with internet capabilities.
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
- Able to commit to 3-5 hours of program training and participation in the program monthly from September to June.
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring the next generation of young women around the world.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the link below:
- Applications are due by July 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm UTC
- Admission decision notifications will be sent between September 1 and 15, 2021.
For more information visit the official website of 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures For Young Women In STEM