Apply now for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2021
- Host: YALI RLC (Regional Leadership Centre)
- Open to: West African Citizens
- Target: Graduates, Undergraduates
- Deadline: 16th June, 2021
Application for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2021 is currently ongoing.
About the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
The YALI RLC West Africa is looking for young men and women who are willing to take on leadership roles and work hard to help their countries improve.
The United States government launched the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) as a hallmark endeavor to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
Over the course of 17 weeks, the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program will train young African leaders about modern leadership. The curriculum will be divided into four phases: a five-week coursework phase offered in person or online, followed by a 12-week mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period.
Also read: AERC Masters Fellowship for Africans 2021
Focusing on the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 5 week coursework phase, It will consist of three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary African Issues) and one elective course chosen from a list of three courses spanning three topics: Entrepreneurship, Public Policy and Management, and Civil Society Management.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management: This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management: This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks.
Eligibility for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program West Africa is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded a certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni;
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: Applicants must submit their applications through the online application system. Paper applications, or applications by email attachment, will not be accepted. Application closes on June 16, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.