Apply Now for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021[Funded]
- Host:TWAS and CSIR
- Open to: Developing countries
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 31st July, 2021
Applications for the 2021 TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program are currently ongoing.
About TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who want to conduct postdoctoral research in emerging fields of science and technology in India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) laboratories and institutes.
TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for a minimum of six months and a maximum of twelve months in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India.
in order to be eligible for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships applicants must:
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on December 31 of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in a field of science or technology.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
- Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution. N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with a copy to the CSIR contact person. This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
For more information visit the official website of TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship