- Host: AAS (The African Academy of Science)
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 23rd July, 2021
Applications for the AAS Affiliates Program 2021 are currently ongoing.
About the AAS Affiliates Program
The AAS Affiliates Program is looking for early and mid-career scientists who have excelled in their scientific research and application in Africa.
These persons become an ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ for a five-year term, during which time they receive individualized professional development support and become part of a larger community of African science leaders.
Candidates applying for the AAS Affiliates Program should ensure the following:
- Must be an African national;
- Must have obtained their PhD in the last ten years;
- Must have substantial postdoctoral research experience;
- Must be aged 40 years and below by December 31 of that year. Individual considerations will be made for female candidates above 40 years who have had career interruptions;
- Must be residing in or affiliated with an African higher education or research institution;
- Female candidates and candidates from under-represented disciplines and countries are especially encouraged to apply.
What they are looking for:
- Quality of scientific outputs;
- Evidence of good academic citizenship;
- The strength of the applicant’s statement of interest;
- Applicant’s range of scientific awards and other recognitions;
- Engagement in other relevant professional activities.
- You will be recognized for your scientific excellence as ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ alongside The AAS Fellows;
- You will receive individualized professional development planning support;
- You will be enrolled into the AAS Mentorship Scheme during the five years;
- You will benefit from a range of career development activities including but not limited to grant writing, publishing, science communication, ethical conduct of research, intellectual property issues, collaborative research, scientific entrepreneurship, etc.
- You will join a platform for networking and collaboration among early and mid-career researchers regionally and globally;
- You will benefit from other AAS opportunities as they become available.
- Follow this link to get to The AAS Ishango Online System
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before, please proceed to step 4.
- The system will email you a temporary password.
- Follow the link again to access the system.
- Go to Existing User and log in with your password (for first-time users, you will be requested to replace your temporary password with one of your choices).
- Once you log in go to New Grant Application and go to click here.
- Select Call for The AAS Affiliates Program 2021, click Apply, tick the Eligibility Checkbox that pops up then click Apply again to begin filling in the online form.
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form. You will receive an automatic email confirming your submission and a unique reference number for future communication regarding your application.
For more information visit the official website of AAS Affiliates Program