Applications for the 2020 Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Program are currently ongoing.
About the Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Program
Commonwealth100 is a free online leadership program from Common Purpose that teaches 21st-century leadership skills to the future generation. It’s the first of our Legacy Programs to go live on the internet.
It introduces the concept of Open Source Leadership, which was developed in collaboration with young leaders in order to maximize their impact in both their professional and civic life.
You’ll collaborate with a varied group of young leaders from throughout the Commonwealth to study Open Source Leadership, a new leadership paradigm co-created with over 1,000 young Commonwealth leaders, using an interactive platform.
Commonwealth100 program outcomes:
- A new generation of young leaders to come through who have the commitment and ability to bridge divides
- Stronger links across regions, backgrounds, and generations (through our webinars and alumni offerings), which help them to work better together
- A broader base of leadership in Commonwealth cities and countries
- Framing a fresh, bold, principled, networked Commonwealth of the future.
Using an online platform, you will hear stories from senior and emerging leaders who have had to lead complex change.
You’ll participate in interactive exercises and discussions with people from all throughout the Commonwealth. You’ll also read engrossing pieces about the talents you’ll need to succeed in the twenty-first century.
All program participants will earn the Open Source Leadership Badge, which may be used to document your accomplishments on your CV or online profiles.
- Commonwealth100 is open to young people, aged 18+, from across the Commonwealth.
- You may be at the beginning of your career or in Higher or Further Education.
- The program runs in seven-week-long cohorts. It takes between three to six hours to complete the program, which can be done flexibly over the cohort period. Upcoming program dates are:
- 4 Sept – 23 October 2021
- 6 Nov – 26 December 2021
Open Source Leadership
Many young people today recognize that we need a new approach to leadership. That’s why we worked with over 1,000 young leaders to discover the skills we need when Commonwealth celebrates its centenary in 2049.
The result is Open Source Leadership.
Open Source Leadership is a new, crowd-sourced model for leadership, which aims to equip you with the competencies you need to be successful in a world that is volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (what many call the VUCA world).
Commonwealth100 runs in seven-week cohorts. After filling in a short registration form, you will receive an email with more information about your cohort.
If you are a current participant on Commonwealth100, you can access the learning portal using the login link
Click the button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website of Commonwealth100