Apply Now: Canadian Government Banting Postdoctoral fellowship 2021/2022[Funded]
- Host: Canadian Government
- Host country: Canda
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 22nd September, 2021
Applications for the 2021/2022 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program are ongoing.
About the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program funds the brightest postdoctoral candidates from around the country and around the world who will make a beneficial contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress.
Each year, seventy (70) fellowships are awarded. At any given time, there are up to 140 rewards available. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) each get an equal number of fellowships (SSHRC).
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2018, and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
The fellowship is valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year.
NOTE: There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Also read: The AAS Affiliates Program 2021
Individual application documents can be submitted in either English or French. If another language is required to express a particular idea (e.g., specialized concept), be sure to provide an explanation in French or English.
Interested candidates can click the button below to see application guidelines:
For more information visit the official website of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship