- Host: IBS (Institute For Basic Science)
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Researchers
- Deadline: 30th June, 2021
Applications for 2021 IBS Young Scientist Fellowship Program are currently ongoing.
About the IBS Young Scientist Fellowship Program
The Institute for Fundamental Science (IBS) was formed in 2011 by the Korean government to promote basic science in Korea, with the objective of “making discoveries for humankind and society.” IBS currently includes 31 Research Centers, each of which has produced exceptional accomplishments in a variety of subjects.
The IBS Young Scientist Fellowship was established in 2016 to support the next generation of fundamental science experts. They hope that this Fellowship will allow junior scientists to undertake autonomous research using cutting-edge infrastructure while also allowing them to progress through research collaborations with leading researchers.
Also read: CEGA non-resident Fellowship Program 2021
They expect that the IBS Young Scientist Fellowship will act as a stepping stone for their researchers to become top basic science researchers.
- Applicant should be within seven years of obtaining a Ph.D. (obtained no earlier than January 1, 2014) or under the age of 40 with a Ph.D. (born no earlier than January 1, 1981)
- Ph.D. candidates must be conferred with a Ph.D. degree no later than August 31, 2021.
- Current IBS researchers are eligible to apply, if they meet the above criteria.
- Annual fund of KRW 150–300 mil. per year (up to KRW 150 mil. for theoretical fields and up to KRW 300 mil. for experimental fields), including salary of KRW 60–70 mil.
- Appointment for three years with a possible two-year extension depending on the performance review results.
- After physically relocated to one of the IBS Centers, YSFs will conduct independent research by utilizing the research facilities and equipment of the Center. YSFs may organize a small research group.
There are three stages to the selection process. The first phase’s deadline is June 30, 2021. Those who pass the first phase will be asked to submit a 10-page full research proposal, three reference letters, and presentation materials.
Interested candidates can click the button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website of IBS Young Scientist Fellowship Program