- Host: Rhodes Trust
- Host country: U.S.A
- Open to: see eligible countries here
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: Varies by country
Applications for the 2021 Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford are currently ongoing.
About the Rhodes Scholarship
The Scholarship provides opportunities for bright young people from all around the world to pursue a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes Scholarship helps outstanding young people pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford while also encouraging lifelong learning and fellowship.
The Rhodes Scholarship is the world’s oldest (first awarded in 1902) and possibly most prestigious international scholarship program, allowing exceptional young people from all over the world to study at the University of Oxford. They’re on the lookout for future world leaders who can address current issues. Is it possible that’s you?
- The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from talented young persons of diverse backgrounds.
- The broad eligibility criteria of the Rhodes Scholarship; definitive eligibility criteria are listed in the relevant Information for Candidates document for your country/region.
- Selection of Rhodes Scholars is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
- AUSTRALIA (9 Scholarships)
- BERMUDA (1 Scholarship)
- CANADA (11 Scholarships)
- CHINA (4 Scholarships)
- EAST AFRICA (1 Scholarship)
Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi
- GERMANY (2 Scholarships)
- HONG KONG SAR (2 Scholarship)
- INDIA (5 Scholarships)
- ISRAEL (2 Scholarships)
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN (2 Scholarships)
Covering Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands
- KENYA (2 Scholarships)
- MALAYSIA (1 Scholarship)
- NEW ZEALAND (3 Scholarships)
- PAKISTAN (1 Scholarship)
- SAUDI ARABIA (Up to 2 Scholarships)
- SINGAPORE (1 Scholarship)
- SOUTHERN AFRICA (10 Scholarships)
Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and, Eswatini
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED STATES (32 Scholarships)
- WEST AFRICA (1 Scholarship)
Covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
- ZAMBIA (2 Scholarships)
- ZIMBABWE (2 Scholarships)
NOTE: If your country is not included in their list of constituencies, you may still be able to apply for the Rhodes Global Scholarship. To find out more please choose ‘Global’ from the dropdown menu on their Apply page.
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
The four criteria which governed the selection of Rhodes Scholars in 1902 are still the guiding criteria for the selection of Rhodes Scholars:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
- Read carefully the detailed Information for Candidates specific to the country/region to which you are applying.
- Check the opening and closing dates of the application for your country/region
- Read through the application overview.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website Rhodes Scholarship