- Host: Guangdong Government
- Host country: China
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Graduates, Undergraduates
- Deadline: 15th July, 2021
Applications for the 2021 Guangdong Government Scholarship for International Students are currently ongoing.
About the Guangdong Government Scholarship
Guangdong Government Scholarship for International Students was established by the Guangdong Provincial Government in order to provide an opportunity for outstanding international students for both undergraduate and graduate studies in the universities of Guangdong Province China.
South China Normal University (SCNU), as one of the leading comprehensive universities, accepts overseas students via this government scholarship.
Applicants who have graduated from world-renowned universities, sister universities, or who have been recommended by top academics or specialists will be given particular consideration for the Guangdong Government Scholarship.
SCNU’s admittance list will be decided by a group of specialists, who will also examine candidates for the scholarship. Admission will be based on the applicant’s application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research accomplishments, and supervisor feedback.
In order to meet eligibility requirement for the
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants should apply for undergraduate or graduate study.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have a graduation diploma of senior high school or higher education and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants must be rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate discipline in accordance with his/her interest and academic background with a well-prepared study or research plan.
5. Applicants should be self-funded students. This application is not open to those who have been awarded with other scholarship.
- Applicant should pay all the tuition and fees. Scholarship will be given out as one-off payment to the scholarship winner’s account.
Selection and Nomination
- The admitted students should register at SCNU as self-funded students on time and then enter the final round screening automatically. The list of nominees produced from the final screening will be submitted to the Department of Education of Guangdong Province for final approval.
- The result will be published on the SCNU website and the official website of the Department of Education of Guangdong Province presumably in December. The scholarship will be given out afterward
- One-off payment subsidy: RMB￥30,000 per person for doctoral students; RMB ￥20,000 per person for master’s students; RMB￥10,000 per person for bachelor’s students.
NOTE: Winners for this scholarship will be given priority consideration in the next round scholarship application.
Students who want to apply for the Guangdong Government Scholarship for International Students must provide the following:
- Application Form for Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Program (in Chinese or English);
- SCNU application form printed out from the admission website;
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma recipients must submit Hope Certificate issued by your current school to prove their current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- Transcripts in accordance with the diploma in item (3). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English. This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants;
- Letters of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two faculty members from the institution where you got your education diploma of highest level. (For undergraduate programs, one recommendation letter should be written by the principle of high school; For graduate programs, recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.)
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings, and two other works;
- A copy of valid HSK5 certificate for those who apply for courses instructed in Chinese except for the Chinese Language Undergraduate Course;
- A photocopy of an available Passport;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
NOTE: The above documents should be bound on top left corner in the order from 1 to 10. No application documents will be returned. Please keep checking your email regularly in case of any application update and make sure your mobile phone number is reachable.
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted by SCNU.
Step 1: Please register at our admission website and submit the application and print out the application form.
Step 2: Download the scholarship application form (see attached). Please fill it, print it out, and sign it.
Step 3: Send your documents to SCNU admission offices by post before the application deadline. Postal addresses are as follow:
- Room A104, School of International Culture, South China Normal University, No.55 Zhongshan Avenue West, Guangzhou, P. R. China, Post Code : 510631
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Step 4: Pay the application fee – RMB￥420 yuan. (You will receive an email requesting you to pay the application fee to the account of South China Normal University).
For more information visit the official website of Guangdong Government Scholarship