apply Now for the Rhodes Global Scholarship for Postgraduate study at oxford university 2021 [fully funded]
- Host: Rhodes Trust
- Host country: U.S.A
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 2nd August, 2021
Applications for the 2021 Rhodes Global Scholarship For Postgraduate Study at Oxford University are currently ongoing.
About the Rhodes Global Scholarship for Postgraduate Study
The Rhodes Scholarship helps outstanding young people pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford while also encouraging lifelong learning and fellowship. It is the world’s oldest (first given in 1902) and probably the most prestigious international scholarship program, allowing brilliant young people from all around the world to study at Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies till recently (representing over 60 different countries). The Rhodes Scholarships are now totally international: two new Rhodes Global Scholarships are now open to eligible candidates from all around the world (subject to nomination).
- Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency, you must apply there.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must meet either of the below criteria:
- i. You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2003). OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- ii. You must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1994) AND you have met or will meet the requirements for completion of your first degree on or after 1 October 2020*
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2022) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
The broad selection criteria are:
- Academic excellence – specific academic requirements can be found under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ below.
- Energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, including where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human beings
The Rhodes Global Scholarship is for two years in the first instance. A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees; the University application fee;
- An annual living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19);
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford. Scholars receive a settling-in allowance on arrival (£225 in 2017-18).
- The International Health Surcharge, which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service, is covered for the duration of a Scholar’s tenure.
- The application fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
You will not be eligible to apply for the Rhodes Global Scholarship unless your university has already nominated you. Each university is limited to a certain amount of nominations per year. You must first register the most appropriate nominator using the application form, and then you will be able to submit your form once their nomination has been received.
Furthermore, your application must be verified by a member of staff at Rhodes House to ensure that you meet the qualifying requirements before you may submit it. Once you’ve finished the form, you’ll be able to check a box to request an eligibility check.
The Rhodes House team will perform the check within two working days and send you an email when it’s done.
Click button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website of Rhodes Global Scholarship