Call for Application: 2021 Tech for our Planet Challenge Program for Startups
Applications for the 2021 Tech For Our Planet Challenge Program are now ongoing.
About the Tech For Our Planet Challenge
The Tech for our Planet challenge program is a unique and exciting opportunity for startups to test technology that will help us achieve our net-zero goals. At COP26, the brightest startups will get the opportunity to present their solutions on a global platform.
Tech for our Planet challenge is looking for pioneers who are developing vital digital and data technology solutions to address pressing climate issues. If this describes you, apply today to be considered for a pilot and pitch.
Also read: UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2021
This challenging program is a collaboration between the Cabinet Office and PUBLIC to investigate and demonstrate how digital and data solutions can contribute significantly to the global climate effort.
- Open to startups with solutions that will help us reach our net-zero targets.
- Applicants may be from anywhere in the world.
- Challenge 1 – In Our Homes: How can we use technology to drive behavioral change and more sustainable consumption habits in our homes?
- Challenge 2 – On Our Plate: How can we use technology to promote more sustainable land use and waste management practices on our farms?
- Challenge 3 – Thinking Smart: How can we better capture and share energy consumption data across the grid?
- Challenge 4 – Engaging Communities: How can we use technology to allow local and international communities to have their say on climate priorities and initiatives?
- Challenge 5 – Green Finance: How can we use technology to make financial services greener?
- Challenge 6 – For Our Water: How can we use technology to support aquatic ecosystem protection, including ecosystem recovery, and preventing biodiversity loss?
- Rapid Piloting Opportunities: Successful companies will work with external partners on rapid pilots to demonstrate the value of their technology in advance of COP26. They will provide in-kind support for competition winners, including industry introductions and mentorship to ensure the pilots are as relevant as possible to government priorities.
- Showcase at COP26: The program will culminate with each company presenting their pilot, and the potential of their technology on stage at COP26. Looking to the future, innovators will work with HMG on bringing solutions to market and creating a legacy towards COP27 and beyond, that will expand to include hardware and engineering solutions
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
Please take Note of the Tech for our Planet challenge phases below:
May 12 – June 25
Innovators have six weeks to submit their applications on the challenge portal.
June 25 – July 30
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. Selected startups will be announced at the end of July.
- Rapid Pilots
August 1 – October 30
Once the companies are selected, they will work with external partners on rapid pilots to demonstrate the value of the technology in advance of COP26.
- Showcase at COP26
November 1 – 12
As a culmination of the program, each company will present its pilot and the potential on an international stage at COP26.
Looking to the future, innovators will work with HMG on bringing solutions to the market and creating a legacy towards COP27 and beyond.
For more information visit the official website of Tech for our Planet challenge