- Host: UNHCR
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: 25th June, 2021
Applications for the UNHCR Youth With Refugees Art Contest 2021 are currently ongoing.
About the UNHCR Youth With Refugees Art Contest
The theme for the 2021 Youth With Refugees Art Contest is “Together through sport”. The contest highlights the ability of sport to bring people together and inspire hope.
This year, you can enter the #dreamball design contest by sending an illustration. The winning designs will be produced into footballs by an ethical manufacturing business and marketed to help refugees participate in sports!
- If you are between 10 and 30 years old, this art contest is your chance to use your creativity for a good cause.
- You don’t need to be a professional artist. Anyone can be creative in their own way.
- Young refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless and internally displaced people are most welcome to join the contest.
- Your best creations will be shared with UNHCR’s 10 million followers on their social media platforms and featured in a digital exhibition. Finalists will receive special prizes and goodies from UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
- This year, they also open a special competition: the #dreamball design. The five best designs will be turned into footballs stitched by refugees and host community members in Kenya, through an ethical ball manufacturing company: Alive and Kicking. The winning balls will be sold online to support sporting opportunities for refugees.
You can draw by hand or on a computer or tablet. If you draw by hand, please scan or take a good quality picture of your drawing. They accept drawings in pdf, jpeg and png formats.
- For the general competition, send them a drawing or a comic illustrating the theme, in the format of your choice.
- For the #dreamball design competition, use the ball design template and draw within the two frames. If you cannot print or use the template, draw the pentagon and hexagon shapes by hand. Try to use a maximum of 3 different colors including white. Feel free to draw more abstract designs.
To submit your creation for the Youth With Refugees Art Contest click the button below:
NOTE: You can also post your drawing on your own social media using “together #withrefugees” and #dreamball.
For more information visit the official website of UNHCR Youth With Refugees Art Contest