Apply for the Funmi Omo Initiative: FOI Scholarship Fund 2021 for Nigerian Female Undergraduates
- Host: Funmi Omo Initiative (FOI)
- Host country: Nigeria
- Open to: Nigerians
- Target: Women
- Deadline: 24th June, 2021
Applications for the 2021 FOI Scholarship Fund for Nigerian female Undergraduates are ongoing.
About the FOI Scholarship Fund
The Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women is designed to help underrepresented female university students who succeed academically and in extracurricular activities.
Scholars get a yearly scholarship of up to N1,500,000, one-on-one mentoring from Mrs. Funmi Omo, and access to a high-level network of intellectual peers. The objective of the Funmi Omo Initiative (FOI) Scholarship Fund is to provide high-quality education to promising young Nigerian women so that they can have a positive impact on our society.
The maiden edition FOI Scholarship Fund for Young Women was a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Around 3000 entries were received from talented young women from all over Nigeria for the initiative. We whittled down the candidates to a shortlist of 19, from which we selected the final seven scholars who would benefit.
We intended to help five young ladies at start, but selecting seven from a pool of exceptional pupils proved difficult. These young women’s promise and potential could not be overlooked.
For the FOI Scholarship Fund second edition, we’re looking for the brightest ideas. Make sure you put your best foot forward and pay attention to every detail of the application process. The most important thing is, to be honest about your achievements and to properly explain your worth.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- You have gained admission to the university and can show proof of admission.
- You are between 17 – 28 years.
- You are resident in Nigeria.
- You are willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, every quarter.
- You show evidence of an excellent result (a minimum of 4.0 GPA) in the previous academic year OR you have recently gained admission and have an admission letter into the university.
- You are an active member of school-sanctioned extracurricular organizations.
- You have a functioning bank account.
- The sum of N300,000 per student covers school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
- Personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
- Networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
To apply for the the FOI Scholarship Fund candidates must:
- Write a cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women. This is your chance to present your ideas – dream big!
- Attach your results from the previous academic year(s) and your referee information (one academic referee and one parent/guardian).
Interested candidates can click the button below to apply:
For more information visit the official website of FOI Scholarship Fund