Submissions for the 2021 USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest from citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) are currently ongoing.
About the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest
Applicants for the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest must submit an original three-minute film or slideshow in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish that tells the story of your youth-led initiatives to enhance local, national, or global development and complies with the contest rules. You can tell a personal story, a tale about a group of young changemakers, or a tale about a youth-led organization.
Also read: Hektoen Grand prix Essay competition 2021
While any sort of development activities will be considered, those stories that link their work to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following important topics will be given extra consideration:
- COVID-19/Pandemic Response
- Education/Skills Development
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
- Climate Action
- Food Security/Resilience
- Digital Literacy/Security/Action
- Civic Engagement, and
- Wellness/Violence Reduction
Open to all members of the public who are:
- Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here
- Aged 18-35, and
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80 percent complete.
On August 2, 2021. The five winners will be announced on YouthLead.org and across all of the campaign’s social media channels. In addition, contest winners will receive the following benefits:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
Entering is easy.
- Create a three-minute video or slideshow that meets the contest requirements.
- Upload your video or slideshow to YouTube.
- Fill out the submission form. You must be a member of YouthLead.org to submit, but registration is free.
- Encourage your friends and network to vote for your submission on social media by sharing the link once it’s posted on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page and by using #WatchOurImpact.
For more information visit the official website of USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest