Applications for the 2021 Western Union Foundation Accelerator And Fellowship are currently ongoing.
About the Western Union Foundation Accelerator And Fellowship
The Western Union Foundation Accelerator And Fellowship is a program for young entrepreneurs and community leaders from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities all around the world.
The goal of this year-long Western Union Foundation Accelerator And Fellowship is to provide these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience they need to increase economic opportunity, integrate into their communities, prosper in the changing nature of work, and impact their towns. This is a fully-funded program thanks to the support of the Western Union Foundation. The final program launch and design are pending Western Union Foundation approval.
- This program is for next-generation highly promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience of building community development projects within these communities.
- They are looking for applicants from the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
- You must be able to commit to the intensive two-week Accelerator (July 19th – July 30th) and the year-long Fellowship program (July 2021-July 2022).
Support Provided to the Fellows:
- Seed Funding: Seed funding to run Basecamp and advance the ventures and community initiatives of the Fellows.
- Training and Skill Development: Training in the skills required to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities as leaders and entrepreneurs, and advance their careers.
- Master Courses: A Master Course series to help Fellows develop key entrepreneurship skills and build a global network.
- Basecamp Training and Manual: Additional training and a step-by-step manual for Fellows to run an impactful Basecamp in their communities.
- Basecamp Materials: The materials required by participants to organize and run an effective Basecamp in their communities.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Processes and Support: Watson Institute will work with Fellows to measure the impact and Return on Investment (ROI) of the Accelerator and Basecamps.
- Demo Day: A high-profile Demo Day at the end of the Fellowship in which Fellows present their story, progress, and impact to a global audience, including Western Union employees and mentors.
- Network: Access to a global network including Western Union employees.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of Western Union Foundation Accelerator And Fellowship