- Host: YALTA
- Open to: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda
- Target: Entrepreneurs
- Deadline: 30th June, 2021
Applications for the 2021 YALTA Business Accelerator Program are currently ongoing.
About the YALTA Business Accelerator Program
SMEs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda are invited to submit their agroecological ideas for a sustainable, healthy, and diverse food system to the YALTA Business Accelerator is an initiative of The Netherlands Foods Partnership within the Youth in Agroecology and Business Learning Track Africa (YALTA page).
The ten selected participants will receive business and innovation skills training, as well as innovation jams and coaching, to help them enhance their agroecological concepts and transform them into actionable plans. At the final event, all ten participants will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas.
Three winners will be announced after the conclusion of the final event. The winners will receive a matching grant as well as mentoring to help them turn their game-changing ideas into reality.
You are eligible for the YALTA Business Accelerator if you are:
- A young entrepreneur in agriculture, food, and nutrition
- Managing a local business for the local/regional market in Ethiopia / Kenya / Rwanda or Uganda
- You have an idea to improve your business so that it contributes to a sustainable food system
- Your business is running for 1+ year
- If the COVID-19 measures allow: you are available to travel to Nairobi for a 3-day-long in-person training at the end of August (travel costs reimbursed).
- If the COVID-19 measures do not allow: you are available and able to participate in the training online, including participation in virtual sessions and online self-study sessions over the period of 2 weeks at the end of August.
- 1st Prize winner will receive 5,000EUR
- 2nd Prize winner will receive 3,000EUR
- 3rd Prize winner will receive 2,000EUR
Also read: UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2021
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: Once we have received your application, you will receive a confirmation email. We will keep you updated by mail on the selection process. The final selection will be announced by the end of July.
For more information visit the official website of YALTA Business Accelerator Program