- Host: Rise Up
- Open to: Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, U.S.A
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: 15th July, 2021
Applications for the 2021 Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative are currently ongoing.
About the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative
Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative invests in dynamic young leaders ages 18 to 29 in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, and the United States who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement.
Through leadership development, technology, innovation, and advocacy, our externally validated methodology empowers young leaders to effect large-scale change.
The Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative works to enhance the lives of young people around the world by promoting innovation and excellence in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. Among the most recent triumphs are:
- Leveraging WhatsApp in India to deliver youth-friendly mobile instant messaging on SRH;
- Developing an animated television series in Ethiopia about girl superheroines fighting for girls’ health and rights;
- Creating comic books in Pakistan to deliver healthy menstrual hygiene information to girls and their families;
- Teaching youth in the United States to use art, dance, and spoken word poetry to advocate for comprehensive sexuality education.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria to be considered for the Rise Up Youth Champions innitiative :
- The program is open to people between the ages of 18 and 29 from India Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and also residents of Louisiana and Mississippi, the USA
- Commitment to enhancing sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice on a personal level
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation, and/or related sectors.
- Ability to participate in a weekly two-hour online virtual session between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all program-related expenses, including materials and internet access.
- Support of a recognized civil society or nonprofit organization, network, or group in spoken and written English
- To be eligible for a grant associated with this project, organizations must be legally organized in their home country, allowed to receive foreign contributions, and registered in India under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Unregistered entities may be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
- Rise Up will give $12,000 USD grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to help them launch new sexual and reproductive health and rights programs they developed during the Incubator.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative