Applications for the 2021 World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) are currently ongoing.
About the World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)
The WBG YPP is a great place to start if you want to work at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals with varied academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA are recruited from all over the world.
Also read: The Future is Female Mentorship Program 2021
If you have a passion for international development, a graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the ability to advance into any of the WBG’s influential leadership roles, then you should apply.
In order to be eligible for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP), applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
Applications must be completed through the online application portal in one 90-minute session (it is not possible to save and continue later) by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period using the following application checklist:
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
Short Essay Question:
In 6,000 characters or less, please describe:
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- How your preferred institution, and the WBG as a whole, should support our clients to contain the impact of COVID-19, working towards a green, resilient, and inclusive recovery
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: Application for all profies closes July 15th and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
For more information visit the official website of WBG YPP