NCC National Essay Competition now in its 3rd year is inviting submissions from undergraduates in Nigeria. The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is the country’s independent regulator of the telecoms industry.
The Commission is responsible for fostering competition among industry operators and assuring the provision of high-quality and efficient telecommunications services throughout the country.
About the NCC National Essay Competition
The 2021 edition of the NCC National Essay Competition will focus on the Fifth Generation (5G) technology with the following objectives:
- Increase awareness on 5G Technology
- Engage and enhance research
- Encourage academic competition & excellence
- Build capacity of undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- All undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions (Private & Public).
- All participants are expected to register their personal details in the form provided for download on the NCC website, signed by their Deans as genuine Nigerian Undergraduates.
- All Essays will be subjected to Plagiarism checks.
- Winners will be invited by the Committee members to defend their essays by way of presentation. candidate that cannot successfully defend their submissions will be disqualified.
- 1st Prize: Laptop, Printer and Cash Prize of N500,000.00.
- 2nd Price: Cash Prize of N300,000.00.
- 3rd Price: Cash Prize of N200,000.00.
All entries for the NCC National Essay Competition must:
- Contain a maximum of 1,000 words and a minimum of 500 words on the topic.
- Have an Abstract, Introduction, Main Body, and Conclusion.
- Must be referenced.
- Go through a rigorous selection process and scrutinized based on Content, Grammar, and Structure.
- Entries must be submitted to email@example.com in PDF format with all necessary attachments.
For inquiries, please contact: +234-9-4617000 or +234-9-4617153.
NOTE: Winning essays will be announced on Monday, September 13, 2021
For more information visit the official website of NCC National Essay Competition