Applications for the 2021 BeChangeMaker Africa Social Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program are ongoing.
About the BeChangeMaker Africa Social Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program
BeChangeMaker gives access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, startup acceleration tools and technology, personalized coaching, mentorship, and support, as well as the ability to connect with a varied global network of potential supporters and investors. Additionally, it is a component of the African Union’s One Million by 2021 Initiative.
HP LIFE, an initiative of the HP Foundation, offers 32 FREE online education courses for entrepreneurs, inventors, and small business owners worldwide. Thirty teams have been selected for BeChangeMaker Africa 2021, each with a proposal addressing a different economic or social concern.
To be eligible to enter the BeChangeMaker Africa, the participants must:
- be from 18 to 35 years old;
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation;
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum);
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International, the HP Foundation, and the African Union are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-program coaching.
- Additionally, the top three teams from the pitch finale will each receive EUR 2,000 cash award.
Also read: Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021
Applicants for the BeChangeMaker Africa must follow the steps below to apply:
- Step 1: Form a team of two to five people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader.
- Step 2: Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application.
- Step 3: Fill out the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team before July 26. Please make sure that each of the team member has read and agreed to the Official Rules and created an account on HP LIFE to access the free courses before submitting the application.
- Step 4: 30 teams will be selected to officially join the program. The announcement will be made on 6 August.
- Step 5: The program will kick off on 13 August with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.
For more information visit the official website of BeChangeMaker Africa